Welcome fall with some outdoor activity where you can see the changing leaves and feel the crisp air. Here’s a list of popular Kansas City pumpkin patches, corn mazes and hayrides we know are happening, along with any discounts.
Some fall festivals in Kansas City may offer pumpkins, corn mazes or wagon rides as part of their activities. So be sure to also check out our post Kansas City Fall Festivals 2019.
Check back often as we’ll be adding new venues and details to this list as the information is available. Also, be sure to subscribe to Kansas City on the Cheap daily emails (just one a day). That way you’ll know about all the free and cheap happening all year long.
Want exposure for your business or event? Consider sponsoring this popular post. Email email@example.com for more details.
Kansas City Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes & Hayrides
Carolyn’s Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch
17607 N.E. 52nd Street
Liberty, MO 64068
Open: Sept. 21 – Oct. 31, 2019
- Daily: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Family Season Passes are on sale through Aug. 31. $80.75 (15% savings) and gets a family of five in for the entire season.
- Free for kids 2 and under
- Mondays-Thursdays: $11.95; $9.95 for groups of 5+
- Saturdays-Sundays: $13.95; $11.95 for groups of 5+
- Single-day platinum (valid any day of the week): $21.95 (includes all general admission amenities as well as a train ride, mining bag, bag of animal feed and pumpkin donut)
- Combo tickets (includes Liberty Corn Maze located next door): $21.95
Admission includes one Country Carousel ride, wagon rides to the pumpkin patch, farm animal petting barn, playgrounds, little Farmer’s Museum, pig races (weekends only) and more. Additional cost activities include pumpkins (starting at $3), train rides, mining, food and beverages.
Crazy Craig’s U-Pick Pumpkins and Mums
14521 A Hwy.
Liberty, MO 64068
Open: Sept. 14-Oct. 31, 2019 (mum sales start Sept. 14, pumpkin patch opens Sept. 24)
- Monday – Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sunday: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Free admission. Kids can enjoy U-pick Pumpkin Patch, straw maze and hay mountain. They offer plenty of fall decorating items including novelty pumpkins, mums, corn stalks, gourds, straw bales (big and small) and Indian corn
Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead’s Pumpkin Hollow
13800 Switzer Rd.
Overland Park, KS 66221
Open: Sept. 27 – Oct. 31, 2019
- Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $8 (kids and adults). There’s also a $2 gate admission fee Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and all day on Saturday and Sunday.
- Kids 1 and under get in free.
Pumpkin Hollow admission includes a horse-drawn wagon ride to the pumpkin patch, a corn maze, a free pumpkin, barrel train rides, a corn maze, a hay pyramid, a giant hay slide and more. You can also enjoy all the regular attractions at Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead.
Faulkner’s Pumpkin Ranch
10600 Raytown Road
Kansas City, MO 64134
Open: Sept. 29 – Oct. 31, 2019
- Daily: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (closing at 3 p.m. on Halloween)
Free for kids 2 and under.
They have a Happy Hour special Monday through Thursday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., during which you can get in for $5.
Admission includes a pumpkin patch, a field maze, farm animals, wagon ride, pedal karts, kids’ games and more than 25 interactive activities. On weekends there is also additional bounce houses and a barrel train also included in admission. For an additional charge of $5 each you can take part in ziplining, pony rides, a corn cannon and mechanical bull.
Lots of food and beverages available including seasonal specialties like pumpkin spice donuts and apple cider donut sundae.
Just want pumpkins? There is no admission to shop for pumpkins. All are pre-picked and include mini pumpkins, pie pumpkins and deep orange ones with long stems for jack-o-lantern carving. Straw bales, mums and corn stalks are also available.
650 N. Jefferson St.
Kearney MO 64060
Open: Open for Labor Day Weekend (Aug. 31-Sept. 2) Official opening on Sept. 14-Oct. 31, 2019
- Sunday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday – Tuesday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 9 a.m.to 10 p.m.
- Kids 2 and under are free
- Monday-Friday: $12.95
- Saturday and Sunday: $15.95
- Military discount – 10% given with ID
- Season pass – $39.95
Admission includes hayride to the pumpkin patch (pumpkins are extra), access to the corn maze, carousel, farm animals, games, cow train, tricycle racing, bee observatory, corn pit and more. Weekends also include pig races, story time and live music
Gierenger’s Family Orchard and Berry Farm
39345 W 183rd S.
Edgerton, KS 66021
Open: Sept. 20-Oct. 27, 2019
- Fridays: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- General admission: $10 at the door
- Kids 2 and under are free
Special online pricing:
- General admission: $9
- Family Pack: $45, includes admission for 5 people + half dozen donuts
- Group Package: $80, admission for 10 people $80
- Fall Family Season Pass: $80, gets a family of 5 in for the entire fall season
- Fall Season Individual Pass: $25, gets one individual in for the entire fall season
Early Bird Discount: Use the code EARLYBIRD25 to receive 25% off an individual or family Fall Season pass. Offer expires Friday, Sept. 6.
Admission includes tractor wagon rides, interactive corn maze, mini maze for kids, pumpkin jump pad, sunflower fields (as the weather allows), corn pit, hay mountain, combine and truck slides, kids’ play area, shaded lunch areas and picnic tables and food trucks. You also have access to u-pick pumpkins (cost is additional by the pound).
17701 Holmes Rd
Belton, MO 64012
Opens Sept. 21 for u-pick pumpkin patch and other fun.
- Monday -Thursday: Noon to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday-Friday: Adults $9, Seniors (60+) $7, Kids $11, free for ages two and under
- Saturday-Sunday; Adults $11, Seniors (60+) $9, Kids $13, free for ages two and under
Admission includes a pumpkin patch, jumping pillows, playgrounds, a giant tunnel maze, a farm animal corral, junior rally cars and ping pong tables. Weekend fun also includes pig races, shooting pumpkins across the lake and a barrel train ($2 extra).
Concessions are available at the Barnyard Grill, including season favorites of pumpkin spice donuts and apple cider slushes.
Liberty Corn Maze
17607 N.E. 52nd St.
Liberty, MO 64068
Open: Sept. 6 – Oct 27, 2019
- Fridays: 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Friday, Sept. 20 and Friday, Oct. 25 hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
- Saturdays: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sundays: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Opening weekend (September 6th – 8th) will honor Public Service Employees (military, police, firefighters, and EMTs). All Public Service Employees will get one free admission with a valid service ID.
- $11.38 for adults
- $9.48 for kids
- Free age three and under
- $30 season pass gets you in at anytime during the 2019 season.
- Combo pass: New this year, for $21.95 you can get into both the Liberty Corn Maze and Carolyn’s Country Cousin’s Pumpkin Patch (see the top of our list) located next door.
Admission includes several corn mazes (both large and small) and a children’s play area. Adults also get admission to the Grain Drain Saloon and Beer Garden where you can enjoy beer, wine and outdoor bar games. Campfire pits available for rental.
Groupon Deal: There’s nothing corny about this Liberty Corn Maze 2019 Season Pass deal from Groupon. Save $12 or more per pass. The more passes you buy, the more you save.
Louisburg Cider Mill Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze
14730 K68 Highway
Louisburg, KS 66053
Open: Sept. 12 – Oct. 31
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday -Saturday: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Monday-Thursday: $6
- Kids 3 and under are free
Admission includes 10-acre corn maze, pumpkin patch (pumpkins cost extra), hay wagon rides, a children’s play area, farm animals, a tricycle track, live music, a spider web climber, bee hive exhibit, live music and more.
Extras offered include:
- Jump pillow – $2 bracelet lets your kids jump all they want
- Pumpkins – Prices range $3-$25 depending on size. You can also buy pumpkins at the Country Store without paying admission.
- Concessions and food vendors will be available periodically. Call ahead to confirm or bring a picnic.
10700 Farmer’s Lane
Platte City, MO 64079
Open: Sept. 13 – Oct. 31, 2019
- Fridays-Sundays: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Oct. 28-31, 2019: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Free admission for U-pick pumpkin patch and two mazes.
Rising Star Ranch Pumpkin Valley
2807 NW Chipman Road
Lee’s Summit, MO 64081
Open: Through Oct. 31, 2019
- Friday: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday and Thursday: Available for groups scheduled in advance
- Kids 2 and under free
- First responders receive $2 off admission
Admission includes hay maze and sack races, bounce house, pumpkin slide, Indian ladder, face painting, campfire and petting zoo. Parents will love that football games are shown on the big screen.
Additional activities are available for $2 each and include hayride, pony ride, train ride and big game hunt. Pumpkins and concessions are also available for purchase.
Sibley Orchards and Cider Mill
3717 N Buckner Tarsney Rd.
Sibley, MO 64088
Pumpkin patch and hayrides offered. Details TBA.
Weston Red Barn
16300 Wilkerson Road
Weston, Missouri 64098
Open: Aug. 31-Nov. 3, 2019
- Weekends (Saturday and Sunday): 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Admission: Free (there is a fee for some activities)
Weston Red Barn offers tractor-drawn hayrides, horse-drawn hayrides, a corn maze, pony rides, a pumpkin market, a barnyard, a Country Store, and more.
Worlds of Fun Great Pumpkin Fest
4545 Worlds of Fun Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64161
Open: Sept. 14-Oct. 27, 2019
- Weekends (Saturday and Sunday): noon to 5 p.m.
Admission: Begins at $29.99.
Planet Snoopy at Worlds of Fun becomes the ultimate family-friendly venue for fall fun. Kids can enjoy Halloween-themed activities (not scary) including rides, a petting zoo, dancing with PEANUTS characters, crafts, a costume contest, a haybale and cornstalk maze, trick-or-treating and a pumpkin patch. Each kid under 12 gets to pick out a mini gourd to take home.
During the Great Pumpkin Fest Planet Snoopy includes a family care center with a sensory-free room for those who may need it.
NOTE: Worlds of Fun is kept fun and not scary during the day, but the frightening stuff for the Halloween haunt kicks off at 6 p.m. on Saturdays.