At Kansas City on the Cheap, we show thousands of locals how they can live frugally, but still have fun! Our site is devoted to posting daily freebies, discounts and deals in the major Kansas City area. We cover dining and entertainment deals, special events, sporting events, kids’ activities, attractions, museums, theater, and so much more!
Why Advertise with Us?
Local businesses need local customers. Advertising at Kansas City on the Cheap is one of the easiest, most affordable and most effective ways to get your business in front of savvy, action-oriented Front Range customers. And we offer you multiple ways to reach them:
- Image (Banner) advertising
- Sponsored posts
- Sponsorship of a specific page or post
- Advertising in our daily email
- Social media shout out
- Sponsored Giveaways or other custom opportunities
Kansas City on the Cheap’s primary audience lives and works in the Greater Kansas City area, but spans into outlying areas in both Missouri and Kansas. The site also attracts those planning vacation or business trips to Kansas City. Our readers are both male and female, and range from thrifty college students to budget-conscious and frugal retirees. Some are single; others are raising families.
Image ads: Image ad space is available on the right sidebar of the site. Ads appear on all pages on the site. Specific placement is not guaranteed.
Daily Email ads: Kansas City on the Cheap can insert your Leaderboard Ad into our Daily Email Newsletter. The email is distributed every afternoon between noon and 1 p.m. Central Time (Mon.–Fri.).
Sponsorship of a specific page or post: There are certain pages and posts that see high traffic during specific times of the year or on a weekly basis, and are a way to ensure maximum viewership of your product or service. If you have a specific type of post where you’d like to see your ad, let us know and we can make a suggestion for the best fit. Among our most read posts are Free and Cheap Weekend Events in Kansas City and Best Free and Cheap Things to Do in Kansas City.
Sponsored posts: The content is written by a Kansas City on the Cheap writer in partnership with the sponsor to promote a specific deal or event. A Sponsored Post package includes content customized for the Kansas City audience, as well as social media outreach using specified hashtags or links on Twitter or Facebook.
Your custom deal or coupon: Choose the discount you want, the timing you want and share your deal or coupon with our readers, who will come directly to you to purchase rather than via a third party.
- “Wow, do I love your blog! I’m a college student just out of my first year living at home and I swear I wouldn’t know what to do if I didn’t have this blog. My boyfriend and I are both terribly broke and we’re so used to going out and doing lots of things, so it’s nice to have free things to do now!”
- I just recently found your blog and really enjoy it! I have five children from 6 months to 8 years old and we’re always looking for cheap fun out of the house. Thanks for all you do — this is one family that really appreciates the work you put into this site.
- The Kansas City Star calls a Kansas City on the Cheap editor a “recessionista” and a “bargain diva” and encourages readers to “Get up and have some fun already.”
For sidebar ads, click on our advertising page. For other ad options or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.