The 2020 Celebration in the Park in Leawood, KS is cancelled.
The City of Leawood is holding its annual July 4th Celebration in Leawood City Park (10601 Lee Boulevard) from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, July 4, 2019.
Come enjoy some live music, kids’ activities, food and beverages from vendors and fireworks. You can purchase an all-access ride activity band (kids 14 and under) for $5 – cash only.
Here’s the schedule of events:
- Noon-6 p.m.: Aquatic center is open
- 6-9:30 p.m.: Inflatables, rock wall and trampoline
- 6:30-8:30 p.m.: Face painting, roving entertainment
- 7:30-9:30 p.m.: Musical entertainment by the “Mikey Needleman Band”
- 9:45 p.m.: Fireworks
Food vendors include:
- Melt Box Ice Cream
- Ron’s Kettle Corn
- Fern Concessions
- Kona Ice
- Barbwire Barbecue
- JT’s American Pride
A bit about parking:
City Park is closed to all vehicles on July 4. There will be FREE parking along Tomahawk Creek Parkway. FREE shuttle buses will be running from the parking lots along the west side of Tomahawk Creek Parkway to City Park starting at 10 a.m. Consider bringing along a flashlight because it’s going to be dark as you’re headed back to your car after the fireworks show.
Three shuttle stops will be located in the parking lots of these businesses on Tomahawk Creek Parkway:
- Merrill Lynch – 3401 College Boulevard
- Frontier Investment Banking (west side) – 11350 Tomahawk Creek Parkway
- American Academy of Family Physicians – 11400 Tomahawk Creek Parkway