State fair season continues and the Missouri State Fair should be on the top of your list. It is one of the oldest fairs in Missouri beginning in 1901. Grab the family and head down to Sedalia from August 8-18, 2019.
Enjoy carnival rides and games, kids’ activities, live music and entertainment, contests, fair food, agricultural showcases and more.
General Admission Prices
- Single Day Adult: $10
- Seniors (60 and over): $7
- Kids Ages 6-12: $2
- Kids Age 5 and under: FREE
Discount single day adult tickets can be purchased for $8 ($2 savings) from July 1 – Aug. 7 locally at the Missouri State Fair Box Office, Break Time Convenience Stores, Orscheln Farm & Home Stores, and Menards.
Check the fair website for gate admission specials on the following days:
- Thursday, August 8: Come Home on Family Value Day at the Missouri State Fair
- Friday, August 9: Missouri Department of Conservation Day
- Saturday, August 10: State Fair Homecoming Day and Law Enforcement/Firefighter Appreciation Day
- Sunday, August 11: Military Appreciation Day
- Monday, August 12: Farm Bureau/Farm Family Day
- Tuesday, August 13: Missouri Farmers Care Food Drive
- Wednesday, August 14: Senior Appreciation Day
- Thursday, August 15: Governor’s, Legislators’ and Judges’ Day and Throwback Thursday
- Friday, August 16: Missouri Electric Cooperatives Day
- Saturday, August 17: Youth in Agriculture Day
- Sunday, August 18: Family Preparedness/Half Price Day
- Monday – Thursday, August 12-15: FREE admission from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The carnival midway opens by noon on weekdays and by 11 a.m. on weekends, weather permitting. The midway closes between 11:30 p.m. and 1:30 a.m., at the carnival company’s discretion.
Discounted carnival tickets and wristbands are also available.
- Tuesday, August 13: Missouri Farmers Care Food Drive: $2 gate admission, select carnival rides and select concessions and vendors (with a minimum donation of two cans of food).
- Unlimited Carnival Ride Wristband: $26 weekday (Monday-Thursday); $32 weekend (Friday-Sunday);
$16 (half price)final Sunday.
- Family Packs: 4 tickets for $5; 25 tickets for $25; 55 tickets for $50 (includes a value book, provided by Wade Shows, good for concession/game incentives/coupons – $30-$40 value).
Parking is FREE. VIP parking spaces are available for $5 with proceeds going to the Missouri State Fair Foundation.
The Missouri State Fairgrounds are located at 2503 West 16th Street in Sedalia, Missouri.
For more festival fun check out: Kansas City Spring & Summer Festivals.