Shatto Milk Company is a small family-owned and operated dairy farm located just north of the Kansas City metro. Since 2003 they’ve been producing a variety of delicious dairy products, including their famous flavored milks. You can see for yourself how all this goodness gets from their farm to your table.
Farm tours are done by appointment only Tuesday through Saturday at 10:30 a.m. Cost is $6 per person. Kids age two and under are FREE. Groups are welcome. To schedule a tour, call (816) 930-3862.
Tours last 1.5 hours. During this time, you’ll walk around the farm to see where the cows eat, sleep; tour the processing plant and see the steps for bottling milk; meet some calves and you even get to milk a cow. Best of all, you get to sample some of Shatto Milk Company’s delicious products. Once you decide on your favorites you can buy more at their Country Store. Don’t forget a cooler!
This is a working farm so wear comfortable shoes and some you wouldn’t mind getting dirty with mud and other stuff you might find around cows.
When the weather is nice, you’re welcome to bring along a blanket and picnic and enjoy the grounds.
Even if you can’t make a tour, check out the country store open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. The product lineup includes:
- Milk – everything from skim to whole cream and everything in between
- Flavored milk – think chocolate, strawberry, banana, coffee, root beer, cotton candy and more; some are seasonal, others are available year-round
- Ice cream – pint-sized servings of chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and carmel sea salt
- Ice cream “sammiches” – delicious Shatto Milk ice cream held in place by two gourmet cookies
- Cheese – artisan blocks and flavored curds
- Butter – garlic, honey and good ole’ plain or unsalted
- Non-dairy beverages – sweet tea, lemonade, fruit punch and orange drink
Getting to the farm
The Shatto Milk Company farm is located at 9406 N. Hwy. 33 in Osborn, MO 64474. Their website says directions via Mapquest and Yahoo are incorrect so you should pay attention to the directions they provide here.
Weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday @ 10:30 am-12:00 pm (starting July 6, 2019)
Osborn, MO 64474