Northern Italian dining from the Kansas City Crossroads’ historic Freight House makes its way to your house for Valentine’s Day.
Lydia’s Kansas City is offering a Valentine’s Day Carryout Kit for $45 per person (plus tax and gratuity). The cost is above our usual cheap threshold, but the set price makes it easier to plan your spend and Lydia’s is a Kansas City culinary experience worthy of a special occasion.
The Valentine’s Day Carryout Kits come with:
- First course: Caesar salad with bread and spreads
- Second course: Choice of shrimp and lobster crown ravioli with lobster brodetto or red wine braised beef short rib with potato and turnip gratin.
- Third course: Chocolate bonet with candied cherries, whipped cream and almond biscotti.
Orders need to be made by Feb. 11 and picked up by Saturday, Feb. 13 at 5 p.m. The meals are prepared cold and come with reheating instructions so you can enjoy a Valentine’s dinner at home.
Valentine’s Day Add-Ons
Your best budget option is to pick up alcohol, flowers or other special items on your own.
If you’re willing to spend additional money, you can avoid trips to multiple places:
- Add on a wine pairing of three bottles for $40 more.
- Get a floral arrangement by STUDIO Dan Meiners for $50 or $100 extra.