I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as National Ice Cream Month and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day.
This year, National Ice Cream Day will be Sunday, July 18, 2021.
Let’s all scream for these FREE and cheap ice cream deals here in Kansas City. Follow the links and read carefully. Some of these deals are only good on National Ice Cream Day (July 18) while others are good through all of July (National Ice Cream Month).
Kansas City 2021 National Ice Cream Day/Month Deals
Alden’s Ice Cream: This ice cream company makes organic ice cream sold in grocery stores across the U.S. They even have dairy-free options. In celebration of National Ice Cream Month, Alden’s is offering a coupon for $1 off any carton or novelty package of Alden’s at a retail store. The coupon is good through August 11, 2021.
Baskin Robbins: National Ice Cream Month is the perfect time to enjoy the Flavor of the Month for July at Baskin-Robbins. Inspired by the perfect summer day, Beach Day is a creamy concoction of sea-salted, vanilla-flavored ice cream, milk chocolate- flavored caramel-filled sea turtles and a crunchy graham cracker sand swirl.
Enjoy Baskin-Robbins at home for a little less. $5 off orders of $20 or more from July 18 through July 24 when ordering Baskin-Robbins with Uber Eats, DoorDash or Postmates. While supplies last. A limit of one order per customer.
On National Ice Cream Day (July 18), purchases of $10 or more at participating will get you a FREE ice cream-scented Kinetic Sand™. This offer is good while supplies last.
If you’re looking for sweet deals, download the chain’s app for exclusive deals and offers. Baskin Robbins shops can be found locally at:
- Kansas: Mission, Olathe, Overland Park, Prairie Village
- Missouri: Independence, Kansas City, Lee’s Summit, Liberty
Best Regards Bakery & Cafe: This Overland Park-based eatery is bringing back its made-from-scratch gelato and ice cream just in time for National Ice Cream Month. Available starting July 5, you can stop by and get a half pint tub (equal to about 2 large scoops) for $4.95. Best Regards Bakery & Care is located at 6759 W 119th Street, Overland Park, KS.
BRAVO! Italian Kitchen: Get one FREE gelato (Italian ice cream) dessert with $20+ order made with BRAVO! Italian Kitchen on July 18, National Ice Cream Day. The offer is for dine-in only and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
Braum’s: You can enjoy 75-cent single dip cones for National Ice Cream Day on Sunday, July 13 at any participating Braum’s Ice Cream & Dairy Store. Braum’s is a family-owned company that keeps its quality high by having its own dairy herd, farms and ranches, processing plant, bakery, retail stores, and delivery trucks. It only operates stores within 300 miles of its farm in Tuttle, Oklahoma. The Kansas City on the Cheap staff recommends indulging in a scoop of the Deep Raspberry Ganache.
Burger King: The fast-food chain is celebrating National Ice Cream Month by offering a FREE vanilla soft serve cup or cone with a minimum purchase of $1. The offer is available all month long in July — only via its app. Limit one per customer. (The digital offer may not be available in all areas.)
Dairy Queen: DQ is celebrating National Ice Cream Day by offering customers $1 off any sized Dipped Cone (excluding kid cones) with the DQ mobile app. Good for one day only, Sunday, July 18. There are several Dairy Queen stores in Kansas City. Check here to find one near you.
Daylight Donuts – Gardner: In honor of National Ice Cream Day, Daylight Donuts in Gardner is offering $2 off any ice cream concoctions over $10! They serve flavors from Sylas and Maddy’s Ice Cream in the form of cones, cups, milkshakes, etc.
Door Dash: Make a mad dash for this cool deal from DoorDash. From July 15 to 18, ice cream lovers can get a FREE pint of ice cream (or other qualifying ice cream item) on any order totaling $20 or more. Limit one offer per customer. Here’s how it works:
- Open the DoorDash app or website and select DashMart (or your local convenience/grocery store.)
- Choose the ice cream item of your choice and add it to your cart.
- Use promo code ICECREAM at checkout.
The offer is valid for one pint of ice cream, while supplies last — except for Carvel, Jeni’s Ice Cream, Smitten, Ben & Jerry’s, Halo Top, GoYum, Haagen-Dazs items more than $10. For orders, including Carvel, Jeni’s Ice Cream, Smitten, Ben & Jerry’s, Halo Top, GoYum, Haagen-Dazs items, more than $10, the discount is valid for a maximum of $10 off.
Grocery Stores: Sometimes having ice cream at home hits the spot. Here are some great ice cream deals from Kansas City grocery stores. With these great savings you can also pick up a variety of toppings for your very own sundae bar.
- Hen House: Pick up your own personal pint of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream from a local Hen House market at two for $7. Go bigger with 1.5 quart containers of Breyer’s ice cream priced at 2 for $7. Since these deals are good through July 20 you can make your ice cream celebration last longer.
- Hyvee: No need to cool your budget with these ice cream deals at Hyvee. Select containers of Breyer’s ice cream are $2.99 each. Select varieties of ice cream bars (Snickers, Dove, Twix, M&Ms and more) are two boxes for $7. Big crowds can indulge with one gallon of HyVee ice cream for $4.88 (8 varieties to choose from)
- Price Chopper: Load up on Belfonte ice cream at a winning price of two 1.5 quart containers for $5. Upgrade to Breyer’s for the same size at $3.29 each. Both offers are good at participating Kansas City metro Price Choppers through July 20.
- Sun Fresh Market: Best Choice 48 oz. containers of ice cream are two for $4 at participating Sun Fresh Market grocery stores through July 20. Add in twelve packs of select Coca-Cola sodas (two for $8) to make refreshing ice cream floats.
- Whole Foods Market: Cool off with a frozen treat at Whole Foods Market. From July 6 to 20, customers save 35% on all ice cream and frozen treats. Even sweeter, the grocery store’s ice cream does not contain the 100+ preservatives, flavors, colors and other ingredients they’ve prohibited from food. Plus, Amazon Prime members enjoy an extra 10% off.
Insomnia Cookies: Insomnia Cookies is offering a classic cookie with a scoop of ice cream for $2 during “happy hour” in July — Monday to Thursday, 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Valid in-store only, at participating locations. You can see the announcement on Insomnia Cookies’ Facebook page.
Also, from July 12th to 18th, get a FREE scoop of ice cream with any in-store or online delivery ($6 minimum) purchase. To redeem, you’ll need to mention the deal in-store, or use the code ICECREAMDAY online for delivery orders.
We’d advise giving them a call before heading there for an in-person deal, because we’ve had readers report in the past about some of the local stores being unaware of the corporate promotions. But the online promotion should definitely work! Find your closest Insomnia Cookies location.
Kris and Kates Ice Cream: St. Joseph is a little outside our normal realm, but this local spot is making a big deal out of National Ice Cream Day with live music, a car show and ice cream specials. According to the Kris and Kates Ice Cream Facebook page, they are open today from noon to 10 p.m.
Louisburg Cider Mill: It’s National Ice Cream Day at Louisburg Cider Mill with Buy One Ice Cream Treat and Get One 1/2 Off (of equal or lesser value). Valid today (July 18) only. Yummy stuff includes a Lost Trail Root Beer float, Donut Delight, Cider Float and more.
Mixed Mutt Creamery: Everyone should enjoy National Ice Cream Day (July 18). Stop by Mixed Mutt Creamery from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. to celebrate with your pooch. They have a full day of artisan doggie ice cream, people ice cream, raffles, samples and fun activities.
My/Mochi: What’s the face you make, while enjoying My/Mochi? The ice cream treat is celebrating National Ice Cream Month by encouraging mochi lovers to show the world the face they make when biting into one of the little cool treats. In return, everyone who shows their “Mmm Face” on social media will receive a FREE box of My/Mochi ice cream and also be entered in a sweepstakes for the chance to win a one-year supply of My/Mochi.
How it works:
- From July 1 to 31, Post a picture or video of your “Mmm Face”, use hashtag #MyMochiMmmface and tag @MyMochi on Instagram or TikTok and/or tag @mymochiicecream on Facebook or Twitter.
- Receive instructions on how to claim your FREE box of My/Mochi via DM within three days of posting. (There is a limit of 10,000 coupons available.
- At the end of National Ice Cream Month, 10 lucky posters will be selected at random to each win a year’s supply of My/Mochi ice cream.
- For the complete promo details, click here.
Sylas and Maddy’s: The Olathe store is donating a portion of proceeds from National Ice Cream Day to No Kid Hungry, a national campaign working to end child hunger in our local community and around the country. They have also committed to posting a giveaway on their Facebook page.
QuikTrip: Here’s a great deal that doesn’t require you to wait for a special day or month. QuikTrip convenient stores offer 49 cent cones every day. They also have milkshakes and QT Twisters which are a blend of vanilla soft serve ice cream and one of the following: strawberry, banana, wildberry, superfruit, caramel, blackberry, chocolate, Oreo cookies or available candy pieces. When searching for a Quik Trip location with ice cream, be sure to choose one with a QT Kitchen. There are dozens of stores throughout Kansas City.
More Great Places to Get Ice Cream in Kansas City
Here’s our list of our other favorite places to get ice cream in Kansas City. Let us know if we’ve missed your favorite.
Betty Rae’s Ice Cream
The Golden Scoop
One More Scoop
Sylas and Maddie’s Homemade Ice Cream
We know frozen custard isn’t technically ice cream and it does get its own holiday, but we can’t help but include these places that sell the delicious, creamy treat:
- Andy’s Frozen Custard
More Kansas City Food and Drink Deals
Monday, October 25, 2021
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Sunday, October 31, 2021
Monday, November 1, 2021
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
Wednesday, November 3, 2021
Thursday, November 4, 2021
Friday, November 5, 2021
Saturday, November 6, 2021
Sunday, November 7, 2021
Monday, November 8, 2021
Tuesday, November 9, 2021
Wednesday, November 10, 2021
Thursday, November 11, 2021
Friday, November 12, 2021
Saturday, November 13, 2021
Sunday, November 14, 2021
Monday, November 15, 2021
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Thursday, November 18, 2021
Friday, November 19, 2021
Saturday, November 20, 2021
Sunday, November 21, 2021
Monday, November 22, 2021
Tuesday, November 23, 2021