On the first Saturday of each month through September 7, 2019, the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Heart of America Wing is hosting Open Hangar Days at the CAF Hanger. Admission is FREE.
This event includes a chance to take photos of WWII planes, a tour of the hangar and the museum, free jeep rides, airplane rides ($), kids’ activities, face painting, food and drinks for purchase, and more.
Each month will have a theme. Here’s the schedule and themes for each event:
- May 4: “Helmets Off” to our Heroes
- June 1: Flag Day Festival
- July 6: Happy Birthday USA
- August 3: Socks for Soliders
- September 7: Women with Wings, Celebrating Women in Aviation
Hours are from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The CAF Hanger is located at 6 Aero Plaza in New Century, Kansas (near 159th Street and Old 56 Highway).