The Great Lenexa BBQ Battle will take place this Friday and Saturday, June 23-24, 2017, at Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park. Admission is $5 on Friday; FREE on Saturday. There will also be FREE parking and FREE continuous shuttle service from Lenexa City Hall or the business lot at 95th Street.
This event includes a BBQ competition, FREE samples, live music, concessions, and kids’ activities.
The festival runs from 4:30 to 11 p.m. on Friday and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday. Here’s the schedule:
- 4:30 to 11:30 p.m.: FREE shuttle service
- 4:30 p.m.: Event gates open
- 5 to 9 p.m.: FREE kids’ activities
- 7:30 to 10 p.m.: Live music, BaliRoot
- 11 p.m.: Event gates close
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.: FREE shuttle service
- 9 a.m.: Event gates open. FREE samples at Consolidated Communications tent, while supplies last
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: FREE kids’ activities
- 11:25 a.m.: Competition judging begins
- 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.: Live music, Baliroot
- 3 p.m.: Event gates close
- 5 p.m. (approximately): Winners announced
Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park is located at 87th & Lackman Road in Lenexa, Kansas.
Sar-Ko-Par Trails Park