The Kansas City Running Club is offering a beginning runner’s class starting Aug. 17. The class is FREE with a Kansas City Running club membership. You can join for a $20 annual fee (plus a $2.50 processing charge).
This 8-week session will meet at 7 a.m. on Saturdays at Aixois 251 E 55th Street, Kansas City, MO. You’ll start off with a series of running and walking workouts designed to build you up to running three miles. Besides motivation and accountability, you’ll get educational materials on running related topics like nutrition, hydration, injury prevention and core strength. This class is open to all ages so long as you have a current membership.
Membership has its perks. When you join the Kansas City Running Club you can take advantage of these added benefits:
- Email newsletters and race announcements
- Free group runs, intervals sessions and social events
- Inexpensive half marathon training
- Discount to Kansas City Race Club races including Cliff Hanger and St Patrick’s Day Run
- Everyday discounts at area merchants like Garry Gribbles Running Sports, Westport Run 816, Endurance House in the Northland, KC Running Company, Cycle City Bike & Running Company in Parkville, Runner’s Edge and KC Endurance
- A $6.50 Saturday morning special at Aixois Bistro in Brookside: one soft boiled egg, potatoes, toast, spinach and salad