A traditional celebration happens at the annual Parkville Fourth of July celebration on Monday, July 4.
Admission is FREE, but there is a cost for some activities.
This salute to America takes place in multiple locations around downtown Parkville and includes a pancake breakfast, mini golf, downtown shops open, food and drink vendors, miniature golf, skydiving performance, face painting and more.
Parkville 4th of July Celebration Schedule
8 – 11 a.m.: Pancake breakfast at the American Legion Post, 11 Main Street
9:30 a.m.: Roads in and around downtown Parkville close
10 a.m.: Parkville 4th of July parade. begins at Highway 9 and 63rd Street and ends on Main Street in downtown
10 a.m.: Independence Day trivia and giveaways begin at 1st and Main Streets
6 p.m.: Face painting and food vendors near the Farmer’s Market
8:30 p.m.: Falcon Skydiving Exhibition
9:30 p.m.: 4th of July Fireworks at Platte Landing Park. Bring lawn chairs and blankets for the show.
Parkville 4th of July Parking & Transportation
Parking is available in the following areas in Parkville:
- The City Parking Lot (south of RR tracks)
- Parking Lot at entrance of English Landing Park
- Parking on Main Street and East Street
- Parking Lot at 4th Street and Hwy 9 (east side)
- Parking Lot at 6th Street and Hwy 9 (east side)
There will be a shuttle service running into downtown Parkville from 6 to 11 p.m. on July 4. The pick-up and drop-off location is at the South Platte YMCA, 8875 Clark Avenue. Riders will be dropped off in downtown Parkville at the old bank lot, across from the post office.
Check out these posts for More Fourth of July Fun in Kansas City:
- Kansas City 2022 4th of July Fireworks, Parades and Celebrations
- Kansas City 4th of July Deals and Freebies
- FREE & Cheap Places to Swim in Kansas City
- FREE Kansas City Spraygrounds
Calendar of Kansas City 4th of July Weekend Events
Friday, July 1, 2022
Saturday, July 2, 2022
Sunday, July 3, 2022
Monday, July 4, 2022