The annual Easter Egg Roll has been a White House tradition since the late 1800s. Now you can experience it in the Midwest! Join Independence Mayor Eileen Weir, KC Chiefs Kahlil McKenzie, KC Living host Kelly Nyberg, The Doo Dads, and the Easter Bunny for the annual Harry’s Hop n’ Hunt at the Harry Truman Library & Museum on Saturday, April 20, 2019. Admission is FREE.
Schedule of Events
- 9:30 – Check-in begins (event is free but attendees must check in)
- 10:00 – Welcome
- 10:05 – Story Time on the Steps
- 10:20 – Egg Hunt #1 (for ages 5 and under)
- 10:30 – Story Time on the Steps
- 10:40 – Egg Hunt #2 (for ages 6-12)
- 10:55 – Story Time on the Steps featuring Independence Mayor Eileen Weir
- 11:00 – Live music concert from the Doo-Dads
- 11:20 – Egg Hunt #3 (for ages 5 and under)
- 11:40 – Egg Hunt #4 (for ages 6-12)
- 11:45 – Story Time on the Steps
- 12:00 – Car Cruise & Show – vintage cars will start at the Truman Library then parade to the Independence Square, where they will “wind the clock” around the historic Truman Courthouse then park in the Pharaoh Theater parking lot for visitors to view them.
Harry’s Hop n’ Hunt is from 10 a.m. to noon. Don’t forget to bring your own baskets for the Easter Egg Hunt (kids 12 and under only).
The Truman Library is located at 500 US Highway 24 in Independence, Missouri.