Get a jumpstart on Independence Day with Freedom Fest at Hitt Park, 907 Allendale Lake Road, Greenwood, MO, with eclectic vendors, food trucks, music, rides, inflatables, games and fireworks at Hitt Park. The event begins at 4 p.m. and you should stay late for the firework display at 9:30 p.m.
Admission is FREE. Some activities have a cost.
Special features of this year’s festival include:
- Car Show – registration is open until the day of the event
- BBQ Contest – includes adult and kids competitions
- Fun Run/Walk – get showered with patriotic colors throughout the route
- Silent Auction – hosted by Gardens of Greenwood, Community Gardens
- Bike Parade – marshalled by Mayor Weaver and Ms. Wheelchair Missouri Hilary Muehlberger
- Carnival Rides/Inflatables/Games – includes the famous dunk tank
- Touch A Truck – co-hosted by Greenwood Police Department
- Food Trucks – nosh with Greenwood Parks & Rec Concessions, Nuts & Candy Craze, Jim Dandy’s Kettle Corn, Ohana’s Shaved Ice, Freezing Moo, Hero’s New York Griddle and Greg Co Foods
Parking at Hitt Park is limited to those with Handicap tags and parking passes. You can use parking and a FREE shuttle service at Fellowship of Greenwood on Main Street (150 Highway).
You may also be interested in: