Woods Chapel United Methodist Church at 4725 NE Lakewood Way in Lee’s Summit is holding its annual Prom Boutique over a four-day period in March of 2017. The purpose of the prom boutique is to give high school girls who lack adequate financial resources the opportunity to ‘shop’ for a free prom dress. There’s no income test or requirement for the free dresses.
Each year, more than 1,200 girls stop by to “shop” for new or almost-new prom dresses in various sizes, lengths, colors and styles. They also give away other prom accessories such as evening bags, prom jewelry, small jewelry boxes, and formal dress shoes.
Here’s the schedule:
- Wednesday, March 8: 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 9: 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 10: 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 11: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Central United Methodist Church at 5144 Oak Street also has more than 2,000 prom dresses to give away at its annual Blessed Dress event. They will also be providing shoes and jewelry.
Here’s their schedule:
- Friday, March 24: 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 25: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.