Kansas City is famous for barbecue, and there are so many great barbecue restaurants I had a hard time knowing where to start with this one. So I asked 5500 of my closest friends (okay, I really asked our fabulous Facebook fans), and together, we came up with this list (these are the ones that got the majority of the votes). The top four on the list are probably the most famous, but Kansas Citians know their barbecue, so I doubt you can go wrong with whichever one you choose. FYI, the picture you see in this post is from Q39. Enjoy!
- Jack Stack: Multiple locations
- Joe’s Kansas City (formerly Oklahoma Joe’s): Multiple locations
- Gates: Multiple locations
- Arthur Bryant’s: 1727 Brooklyn Avenue, KCMO (there’s also one at Legends Outlets in KCK).
- Q39: 1000 West 39th Street, KCMO
- BBs Lawnside: 1205 East 85th Street, KCMO
- Woodyard: 3001 Merriam Lane, KCK
- Danny Edwards: 2900 Southwest Boulevard, KCMO
- Zarda: Locations in Blue Springs and Lenexa
- A Little BBQ Joint: 1101 Highway 24, Independence
Did your favorite barbecue joint make the list?
Subscribe to our free daily newsletter to be notified of all the free Kansas City events and deals. Sign up here.