The Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art has a number of regular free programs for adults and for families.
- On the third Saturday of every month, the museum holds a Scavenger Saturday for families. Admission is free. During the event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., children with adults can pick up a self-guided activity at the Visitor Services Desk and follow the clues on this “ART-astic” adventure. After the scavenger hunt, kids will receive a free take-home project.
- The second Friday of every month is Fine Art Friday, with interactive museum tours and a chance for kids 6 to 12 to examine and discuss objects and engage in other activities. The free event is from 1 to 2:30 p.m., and no reservations are required.
- The third Tuesday of every month is Tots on Tuesday, where children 3 to 5 and their parents can participate in crafts, discussions, stories and songs inspired by works of art. There are two sessions, 10 to 11 a.m., and 11 a.m. to noon. No registration is required, but families should pick one session or the other.
Programs for adults
- Every Saturday at 1 p.m., there is a free Gallery Conversations tour, which is the museum’s only regular opportunity for drop-in tours. No reservations are required, and participants should meet at the Visitor Services Desk.
- Talks, workshops and classes are scheduled as available.
See all the programs for families here.
See all the programs for adults here.
The Kemper Museum is located at 4420 Warwick in Kansas City, Missouri. Admission and parking are always free. The museum is open Tuesday through Sunday.